Welcome to Druidcraft.de! We’re here to explain everything you might be wondering about Druidcraft, and how to get involved in this remarkable way of expressing your spirituality.
Whether you’re a Druid, Wiccan, Pagan, Witch or just someone with an adventerous mind then Druidcraft is an exciting topic that can light up the imagination and give some real insights not only into yourself, but also the future!
What is Druidcraft?
Druidcraft is a spiritual path that embraces elements of both Wiccan and Druid traditions. The concept of Druidcraft was first developed by Philip Carr-Gomm, author and one of the leaders of the Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids. Carr-Gomm authored the book “The Druidcraft Tarot“ which also comes with a deck of 78 Tarot Cards.
The book “The Druidcraft Tarot” is an exceptional work for anyone looking to delve into the world of tarot to further explore their inner selves or their future. Philip Carr-Gomm goes into amazing detail in his book in regards to the individual tarot cards, their meanings and how they will apply to an individual or a moment in time. What is even better about The Druidcraft Tarot is that readers commonly remark on the detailed artwork and high quality of the tarot cards designed by Will Worthington that come with every copy of the book.
Druid or Wiccan?
When exploring Druidcraft it may be difficult to tell apart the differences and similarities between the two subjects. We’ve put together a short guide to help you understand the differences between Druidry, Wicca and how they come together to form Druidcraft.
What Wicca and Druidry Have in Common:
- Respect and Love for Nature
- Strong sense of ethics
- Working within a circle. In Wicca the Circle’s primary purpose is to preserve and focus the energy, so it fulfils the intent of the particular ceremony. The Wiccan Circle is regarded a protective circle, so that the energy has no outside interference or influence.
- The 8 High Days, although with a different approach
- The 4 Elements, their directions and their correspondences
- Strong importance placed upon the Sun.
- The karmic ‘law’ that all energy will come back to you.
- Belief in reincarnation
- The equality of man and woman, of male and female principle, both in groups and in divinity
- Honouring the ‘old gods’
- The use of meditation, visualization and rituals as religious/spiritual practices
- Honouring of ancestors.
- Both are centred on orthopraxy, not orthodoxy.
What is Specifically Wiccan
- Wicca has a stronger focus on the moon than Druidry and celebrates the full moons (and some also the dark moons) with a ritual.
- Wicca uses magic in a different and more active way than Druidry
- Wicca has a different focus on understanding standard elements of a ritual, like for example calling the quarters, steps and ritual tools
What is Specifically Druid
- Tree lore and Ogham
- The Druid Grove
- The focus on peace
- Druidry is widely seen more like a spiritual path
- Druidry focuses on the celtic pantheon.
As you may now have guessed there are elements that of both Druidry and Wicca that can be beneficial to incorporate into your lifestyle. By “inventing” Druidcraft Philip Carr-Gomm has given a new way for many people to explore their faith. More information on Druidcraft can be found in Philip Carr-Gomm’s works linked above.